Audit & Advisory Services publishes AIM, a periodic newsletter filled with a combination of original content and articles from other sources, written or selected to help you and your staff identify and manage upcoming or high-impact risks and get to know a little more about A&AS and our activities.
Issues of AIM are available here:
- Vol. 1: System Access and You - Information security – what are common things we’ve seen and how they can be addressed.
- Vol. 2: Measuring Up - Using Benchmarking to Increase Operational Efficiency - Tips for productivity and tools and techniques to use time and resources efficiently.
- Vol. 3: Vendor Management - Vendor management, including cloud services and how to use data analytics in vendor management.
- Vol. 4: Change Management - Risks associated with change and tips for effective change management.
- Vol. 5: Implementing Effective Financial Controls - Financial controls and tips for managing risks associated with cash and cash equivalents.
- Vol. 6: International Activities - Many topics including several policies as well as a new presidential policy on International Activities.
- Vol. 7: Gifts and Gratuities - Other topics include the annual risk assessment, regulatory changes taking effect, and policy updates.
- Vol. 8: Fraud Focus - Information on fraud, including how to recognize it, report it, and what happens when it is investigated.
- Vol. 9: Financial Management Dashboard - Financial management tools, focusing on the new enterprise-wide financial management dashboard.
- Vol. 10: Affiliations and Relationships - UCSF's interactions with the community, including Form 700 requirements, agreement types, and community collaborations.
- Vol. 11: Year-End Control Activities - Year-end naughty and nice lists, key Information Security Policy updates, e-prescribing information, and fraud trends.
- Vol. 12: Healthcare Related Risks - Healthcare industry-wide survey results, regulatory updates, bullying guidelines, and drug diversion.
- Vol. 13: Digital Innovation - Technology changing the risk landscape, risk visualization, and digital health innovation at UCSF.
- Vol. 14: Year-End Insights - Year-end naughty and nice lists, financial management dashboard updates, travel and entertainment expenses, and gift card fraud schemes.
- Vol. 15: Resiliency - Crisis management, including control considerations, productivity tips, and disaster fraud scams to avoid.