As stated in the University of California Standards of Ethical Conduct the "pursuit of the University of California’s mission of teaching, research and public service requires a shared commitment to the core values of the University as well as a commitment to the ethical conduct of all University activities." UCSF is committed to conducting its affairs ethically and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. UCSF Ethics and Compliance Board, comprised of senior campus leadership, meets regularly and is responsible for developing and implementing a campus ethics and compliance program, monitoring the effectiveness of compliance practices and developing risk assessment tools to identify and mitigate high risk compliance areas.
Whistleblower and Whistleblower Retaliation Reports
If you suspect that a UCSF employee is engaged in unethical behavior that constitutes an improper governmental activity, the University encourages you to report your suspicions so that the campus can investigate the matter and take prompt corrective action as needed. Improper governmental activities include:
- Illegal acts, such as corruption, bribery, theft or misuse of University property;
- Fraud, coercion, willful omission to perform duty or economic waste;
- Any condition that may significantly threaten the health or safety of employees or the public;
- Gross misconduct, incompetence or inefficiency by University employees; or
- Serious or substantial violations of University policy.
The University’s Whistleblower Protection Policy protects employees and applicants for employment from retaliation for reporting suspected improper governmental activities. For more information about how to make a whistleblower or whistleblower retaliation complaint, click here.
Further information about the University’s Ethics and Compliance program:
- University Office of Ethics, Compliance and Audit Services
- University of California Statement of Ethical Values
- University of California Standards of Ethical Conduct
- UCSF Office of Ethics and Compliance
- UCSF Ethics and Compliance Board
Further information about the University’s Whistleblower Policy: